ForumsArt, Music, and WritingRecently finished a song, looking for some feedback/general consensus.

3 4166
martianlegit
martianlegit
3 posts
Nomad

I haven't been on here in years, but remember a long while back posting about music and having a really great community to discuss with.

My latest track "Robots" just dropped on iTunes/Spotify/etc, but i still feel my brand isn't receiving the exposure i'm looking for. I think its because i'm not engaging with others like i should.

Which brings me here! I wanted to gather any additional feedback on it, and possibly see if anyone likes it enough to stick around. Fair warning, its dubstep/edm if thats your kind of thing-

https://soundcloud.com/martianlegit/robots

thanks to anyone that drops in

• 3 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

@martianlegit Welcome back! Allthough I can't quite remember you... probably roamed here under a different username I guess?

I'm not into dubstep that much, but I can tell you that you captured the robotic feel to this song. The metal sounds and tempo suits the title completely! Well done!

Ever thought of making game music?

martianlegit
martianlegit
3 posts
Nomad

@MrDayCee i'd love too, i just haven't met the right people or had the opportunity. I made some trailer music for a custom zombies map, but thats about it. I know my dubstep work is being showcased here, but i'm very very passionate about synth work in general, and its easy and fun for me to make some pretty chordal melodies (hyper light drifer / fez inspired), as well as more intense dramatic score.

martianlegit
martianlegit
3 posts
Nomad

@Tickle_Toast thank you!! this is why i love this community, i've yet to seen any negativity or toxicity, its really great. I hate that remix so so much, but only because i've seen my improvements so it sounds bad to me. Hopefully you can bop out to robots later!!

Showing 1-3 of 3